Team Rules and Expectations
- Swimmers should attend a minimum of 3 weekly practices if they are part of the Main Mako team. Many come all 5 days.
- Please inform coach in writing of any extended absence (e.g.vacation or camp).
- RSVP for meets must be complete at least one week prior to the event. Late additions cannot be guaranteed.
- If you can no longer attend a meet you have marked "yes" for, please let a coach know ASAP. Meet entries are limited and relays are coordinated based on available swimmers. We want to fill every open space we have.
- Swimmers participating on other swim teams should inform coaches of this and make an effort to attend at least one practice per week with the Makos.
Swim team members will need the following items:
- A team meet suit. Parents can order suits at our suit fitting night or directly from Swimville USA's retail store.
- A practice suit. We recommend swimmers wear a suit for competitive swimming and not a traditional suit you would wear for leisure swimming. Any color or style is fine!
- A swim cap. Team caps are available for purchase.
- Goggles. A couple of pair are a good idea.
- Come to practice ready to swim with all equipment. If a swimmer decides to sit out practice they will be asked to sit with their parent away from the pool deck or in the picnic area. This is to prevent distracting the other swimmers and allow the coaches to focus on the swimmers in the pool.
- Be ready to swim at start time of practice. We recommend arriving 10 minutes prior to your practice time.
- Follow all pool rules (no running, etc.)
- Attend meet warm-ups. Due to the number of athletes, we recommend arriving at the meet 20 minutes prior to the scheduled warm-up time.
- Stay in team area during meets.
- Show good sportsmanship and respect to all coaches, team members, team parents, officials, opposing teams and self!
- In the event of inclement weather, every effort will be made to communicate the status of the event (e.g. meet or practice). If you do not receive communication an event has been cancelled, please assume it will operate as scheduled.
- The coaches are responsible for the meet line-up. The coaches will target to have all swimmers in at least 2 events in the initial line-up.
- Every effort will be made to have the line-up posted 1 day prior to each meet. To be fair to all swimmers, each swimmer will be rotated through all eligible events. This also gives swimmers the opportunity to try new events!
- A swimmer may choose not to swim an event but they will not be able to substitute another event that meet. Swimmers must inform the coach if they opt out of an event before the final line-up is posted. The final line-up will be posted the practice before the meet.