Parent Volunteer Position Descriptions
Swim Meet Positions:
- 8 & Under Staging: Organize 8 and under swimmers to line up in proper order at the starting blocks for each event.
- Concessions: Set-up, take-down, and work concession sales during home meets.
- Hospitality: Distributes water to timers, officials, and coaches during meets.
- Referee/ Starter /Officials: Follow Tri-County League rules to officiate swim meets. Minimum of 4 parents and 2 officers must attend a certification meeting. Training is required and will be provided.
- Timers: Uses stop watch to time races.
- Head Timers: Serves as a back up timer for any lane timer who notices their watch did not start correctly at beginning of race
- Scorers/Data Managers: Enter event times, print results and ribbon stickers during meets. Update software with meet data.
- Runners: Distributes and collects lane and/or disqualification slips between races and delivers them to scorers table.
- Ribbons: Works with scorers to prepare ribbons for winners and participants.
- Set Up / Clean Up: Assist in set up of meet and clean up. Consists of moving chairs, taking out trash, placing meet equipment away in team closet.
- Picker: Person will watch ends of each race and mark places 1-2-3 on sheet to serve as back up for time disputes and errors. The starter may also fill this role.
- Other: Person will help fill jobs where we had a "no show" or additional unplanned need.
- Fun Fridays: Organizes Friday morning celebrations after meets
- 4th of July Parade: Organizes Makos entry into City of Montgomery 4th of July Parade.
- Spirit Wear Coordinator: Leads team shirt and suit distribution to swimmers and families.
- Work social events: (i.e. awards banquet, 4th of July Parade, Spirit Activities)
Simple formatted text